NHS Electronic Prescription Service
A quicker and more convenient way to get your repeat prescriptions.
The NHS Electronic Prescription Service gives you the chance to change how your GP sends your prescription to your pharmacy - by sending it electronically instead of the traditional paper-based method.
The benefits of the new service to you?
- If you normally collect your repeat prescriptions from your GP you will no longer have to. Instead, your GP will send it electronically to your nominated pharmacy, saving you time.
- The prescription is an electronic message so there is no paper prescription to lose.
- You will have more choice about where to get your medicines from because they can be collected from a pharmacy near to where you live, work or shop.
- If the prescription ever needs to be altered or cancelled, your GP can electronically issue a new prescription without you having to return to the practice – saving you extra trips.
- You may not have to wait as long at the pharmacy as there will be time for your repeat prescriptions to be prepared before you arrive.
The following GP surgeries can send prescriptions electronically:
- Westfield Surgery
- Ryeland Surgery
- All Surgeries